- June 23, 2016
- Posted by: Positive Vibes
- Category: Mentoring & Guidance
Mid-Career Crisis is caused when
- You are stuck up at work for reasons beyond and within your control, which remains unidentified.
- Handicapped by indecision when it comes to taking a call wrt to scope, role, function, responsibilities and reporting.
- Unhappy with situations, people, business environment and communication.
- Feel under-utilised or threatened.
- Feeling unrecognised and not rewarded.
- When your knowledge is of higher order and you are made to perform lower order level jobs.
- You are over performing and people deliberately don’t want to recognize your worth.
So, What is mid career counselling?
It is an art and a process of ‘listening’ to your concerns. Aimed at identifying the gaps between your current state and the desired state at work by extending support to you, in arriving at a realistic state of mind by accepting the reality and agreeing to your strengths & limitations. It is a process of building sustainable agreements in dealing with issues related to career, career path, career shift and career changes.
What are the signals?
- When you are dragging or forcing yourself to the work place.
- Lack of clarity with regard to work and work place.
- Crisis in inter-personal relationship at work place.
- Dissatisfaction with the role and responsibility.
- Lack of motivation, leading to frustration.
- Work-life imbalances.
- Extreme emotions of anger, despair and irritation.
- When you carry office related tension back home too often & it is beginning to impact your personal relationships.